Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1532E Access Point Initial Configuration

The configuration manual for this device says for configuration to log in using the console.  When I begin the configuration I insert the new name and it asks for a password. It will not take any password, the cursor remains stationary no matter what I try.  What does this mean? I tried using admin to no avail.  As a result this device is worthless since I can't configure it. Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Will this 1532 be connected to a controller or are you planning to use as a stand-alone AP? By default, they ship with the controller-based image active. You can use the command "capwap ap autonomous" to change to a stand-alone AP. Default username/password are Cisco (case sensitive).

Brandon

the "capwap ap autonomous" must be wrong.  It doesn't like the a in cap.

I believe that is the correct command. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-6/b_1532_dg/b_1532_dg_chapter_01.html

If the AP has been connected to a controller, it would have downloaded the unified image. In that case you would need to download and install the autonomous image. Steps are also in the link above.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, I was finally able to get the autonomous image to download.  Does this include the single antennae mode or do I have to go in and switch from dual to single antennae?  Also shouldn't the privilege exec mode allow for any and all commands? It seems like I am constantly getting the "invalid input detected" answer when I enter a command straight out of the command manual. Am I missing something?

After downloading the image did you switch to autonomous mode with "capwap ap autonomous"? Not sure which antenna band mode is the default, but you can switch with this command:

This command will not enter into this access point via command line. I have tried many times with all privilege levels.  Are you sure there isn't a new replacement command for this?

Can you post "show version"?

Yes, show version works fine in the User EXEC mode. The version is C1530 software (aplg3-K9W7-M), Version 15.3 (3) JA8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (Fc1).

I am looking for any way to see what the antennae mode is in.  I have purchased this AP to replace an old 1410 series model that stopped working.  This AP is connected to an external antennae (AIR-ANT 5114P2M-N) which is a dual point antennae.  I only have one of the channels connected. Is it necessary to have both channel connected?  This is simply a point to point installation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card