cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Am I missing something with the 3560X Visio Stencil?

jacka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just updating my latest network diagrams and the 3560X stencil looks like it's half finished.

Compared to the old 3560 stencil I think it looks terrible.

After seeing it for the first time I thought I would be able to add in the C3KX-NM 1G and 10G Modules but I can't find them anywhere, the 48 gig ports look as though you should be able to drop something in them as well.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

40 Replies 40

Brett Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry I didn't see this sooner...

My company Visimation currently develops Cisco's Visio stencils so I'll do my best to help.  There are many stencils on the download page that pre-date our involvement and some stencils contain a mixture of older shapes produced by another company as well as our newer additions.  Therefore, the quality varies.  I'm concerned if you don't find the recent icons an improvement so I'd like to support you.  Here are some of the new features:

• The graphics are enhanced
  • Devices snap properly into racks
  • Connection points on all ports and connectors for cabling
  • Expanded Shape Data fields
  • Hyperlinks (right click on the shape) to go to Cisco product info
  • Right click to hide/show the text label
  • Hover text on the stencil and on the shape on the page to see product data

We did not remove any of the icons that were previously on the older stencil... we just added to them to update the stencil.  I just checked the Switches - Catalyst 3560.vss file.  We produced all of the 3560X devices icons.  All of the others were produced by another company and they are not consistently constructed.  Our work did not include re-doing the older icon, just adding the X series.  Please explain the problem you are seeing with the 3560X icons?

What he's saying is that the visio stencils for the Cisco 3560X/3750X modules:

C3KX-NM-1G

C3KX-NM-10G

C3KX-NM-10GT

are nowhere to be found.

I can't find them either (not in Cisco 3560/3750 or Cisco interface packages, nor on Google)

Had to kind of schmeg it up in order for it to work - proper stencils are always a nice touch

Any info on these would be great - just seems weird u'd do the switches all nice and then not do the 3 module cards...

I agree, where is this stencil?  Where are the sfp's?

I agree, please provide stenciles for the missing modules and SFPs...

Still waiting on the stencil

martin.lukasik
Level 1
Level 1

I need exactly the same... any plans of creating the stencils for the modules?...

Hi Martin,

We have a set of new shapes in the works for the following Catalyst products that were requested by the product group. They will be completed before the end of the year. I hope this will provide what you (and others in this thread) are looking for.

Regards

Brett:

• WS-C3750V2-48PS-S Front
  • WS-C3560-12PC-S front
  • WS-C2960CG-8TC-L Front
  • WS-C3750V2-48PS-S Rear
  • WS-C3560-12PC-S rear
  • WS-C2960C-8TC-L Front
  • Cisco 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP
  • WS-C3560CG-8TC-S Front
  • WS-C2960C-8TC-S Front
  • Cisco 1000BASE-SX SFP
  • WS-C3560CG-8PC-S Front
  • WS-C2960C-8PC-L Front
  • Cisco 1000BASE-ZX SFP
  • WS-C3560CPD-8PT-S Front
  • WS-C2960C-12PC-L Front
  • C3KX-NM-1G
  • WS-C3560C-8PC-S Front
  • WS-C3560CG-8PC-S Rear
  • C3KX-NM-10G
  • WS-C3560C-12PC-S Front
  • WS-C2960CPD-8PT-L Rear
  • C3KX-NM-10GT
  • WS-C2960CPD-8TT-L Front
  • WS-C3560CG-8TC-S Rear
  • C3KX-SM-10G
  • WS-C2960CPD-8PT-L Front

It's 2012, are the stencils out?

I would very much also like to know when they are coming?

Hi,

Regarding the Catalyst 3750 Visio updates, we are awating approval from the product team for the shapes we completed last week.  I expect that approval shortly.

There is anew batch of 3560 and 2960 shapes in production now so those will be coming soon as well but they are not yet completed.  The 3560X shapes are currently on the Switches - Catalyst 3560 stencil available at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

Thank you all for your patience.  There was a flood of new stencil updates ordered during the previous 2 quarters and we are making good progress in catching up with the demand.

Regards,

Brett

Eagerly anticipating these stencils so I can finish up my network map.

So it is now January 26 and still no visio stencils for the Visio stencil for C3KX-NM-1G. What is the hold up here? I think I might have to make on myself and share it with you all.

We just submitted the Catalyst 3750 stencil to the web team for posting yesterday.  It contains the C3KX-NM-1G as well as some other new icons.  I just checked the download page and it hasn't been updated yet.  I would expect it to be there either later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

I don't know why it took so long to complete the posting we submitted to the web team, but the 3750 stencil is now available with the C3KX-NM-1G.  I apologize for the delay.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: