Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN LAN/Internet access

Hugo Rosado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have implemented Cisco AnyConnect on our ASA, all goes good untill I have notices that while connected to the VPN I had no access to the internal LAN, after some reading on Cisco website i have changed the DfltGrppolicy to restrict access to only 1 vlan (Vlan 10) since this it has all gone downhill, at the moment no matter what NAT rulles I do I seem to only have access to Vlan 10, no access to any other Vlans or the Internet while connected to the VPN.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance  

23 Replies 23

Hi,

I did remove that, but still the same problem: Cannot access the internet, this is driving me mad :(

Thanks for all your help and time spent on this

Regards

Hr

Can you post up a fresh copy of the config again please.  I need to go through the NAT configuration more closely.

HI,

I have created a new GroupPolicy so I could work out beteween the 2 Policies if I could make things work, this new policy also has a different pool of addresses on the 10.10.10.x range but please ignore that, I want to go ahead with the previous pool 172.16.10.x

Many thanks, really appretiated.

Hr

Lets try removing:

nat (any,VodafoneTrunk) source static any any destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool no-proxy-arp

And adding these two instead:

nat (VoipIt_Production,VodafoneTrunk) source static any any destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool no-proxy-arp

nat (Voipit_Telephony,VodafoneTrunk) source static any any destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool no-proxy-arp

That actually did the trick for the Internet and I am getting the correct external IP but now I have lost access to both Vlan 10 and vlan 20 and both those NAT rullez had no hits, should I put them higher in the Nat table? This was taken after the VPN was connected:

8 (VoipIt_Production) to (VodafoneTrunk) source static any any   destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool no-proxy-arp

translate_hits = 0, untranslate_hits = 0

Source - Origin: 0.0.0.0/0, Translated: 0.0.0.0/0

Destination - Origin: 172.16.10.0/24, Translated: 172.16.10.0/24

9 (Voipit_Telephony) to (VodafoneTrunk) source static any any   destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool no-proxy-arp

translate_hits = 0, untranslate_hits = 0

Source - Origin: 0.0.0.0/0, Translated: 0.0.0.0/0

Destination - Origin: 172.16.10.0/24, Translated: 172.16.10.0/24

Many thanks

Hr

This is a bit tricky doing it remotely like this.

Basically in the GUI, you want a NAT emption for traffic going to and from:

VoipIt_Production <-> VodafoneTrunk

Voipit_Telephony <-> VodafoneTrunk

for the AnyConnect IP address range ("Obj_AnyConnectPool").  This is the bit not working, but the config is quite close.

And you need a NAT rule to say to NAT traffic from Obj_AnyConnectPool that is going from VodafoneTrunk to VodafoneTrunk.  This bit is working.

I will definitely do this tomorrow morning, first thing so I can concentrate in what Im doing, will let you know, you are a legend.

Many thanks for all your help with this.

Hr

All working, I cannot say thank you enough, you have been a big big help, many thanks.

If you ever around Portugal let me know, I would be more than happy to show you around.

Regards

Hugo Rosado 

Yay!  A bit of a battle but we got there in the end.

Might take me a little bit of time to make it over to Portugal, but you are on.

Auckland, New Zealand

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card