Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, which 10G linecards are available for a 4510 chassis with a SUP-6E? I believe its only the WS-X4606-X2-E 4500E 6-Port 10 Gigabit Catalyst Switch Module. Is that correct? How much do they list for? Thanks

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey folks, undoubtedly stupid question but I'm failing badly at RTFM. Have a fairly typical scenario where Cisco is remapping COS 5 to DSCP 40, when of course we're looking for DSCP 46.  In the 3750/6500/etc mls configuration, it's no big deal: mls ...

gfalk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I understand standard packet delivery process host-to-host through the router or a switch but following question puzzles me. HOST A (192.168.0.1) ------->HOST B (192.168.0.2) ------->HOST C (192.168.0.3) ------->HOST D(192.168.0.4)  Question:...

Hello, Everyone knows this standard campus Layer 2 loop free design (attached). Why the layer 3 interlink between distribution switches is needed ? Can anyone explain this.. Thanks

from88 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, A vulnerability scan shows that SSL version 2 and 3 protocols have been detected on a couple of my Cisco Catalyst 3560 switches.  What command should I use to disable these? Thanks, Tom

tladd0001 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a new cisco 2960 switch but when I connect to it using teraterm it just given me a blank screen. I can use the same laptop on other switches that were donated to us but not on any of the new ones. I tried basic setup but only the Main LED ligh...

Hi guys! First post here... I was wondering if any of you could help me out a litte. I'm getting a fiber connection in about a month and I plan on using my own equipment instead of the ISP equipment. I have a 3845 router and a 4948 L3 switch. My IS...

Hi Experts, I had tried to perodicly backup switch configuration. I am using schedule feature to acompulish this . I had read the configuration for 7K, and found out the procedure in following: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacent...

Hele Du by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My school has purchased a dozen new switches for me to to teach Introduction to Networking, and when I connect to the switch with the console cable and teraterm i get a blank screen. I have followed the steps using basic express setup from online doc...

Most of the design guides I've read recommend marking call signals as CS3/AF31, and putting them in their own queue.If there is congestion, wouldn't all the non-priority queues be impacted, including the call signals?The call signals are pretty light...