Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR Licensing

Human374
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

could you recommend me a comprehensive documentation regarding Cisco licensing? I've read some, but still confused. 

(I'm mostly interested in ASR licensing)

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't mention which ASR family you are interested in.  This Q&A for the 1k family seems pretty good.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/q-and-a-c67-452124.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't mention which ASR family you are interested in.  This Q&A for the 1k family seems pretty good.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/q-and-a-c67-452124.pdf

Thanks for the hint!

Unfortunately, it's still not clear how does the Right to Use licence type work.

As I understand Evaluation Right to Use means that you can use a specific function for a given time period. After that time counts down the Evaluation Right to Use will change into Right to Use licence type.

But I do not understand what are the restrictions of the Right to Use licence.

On the other hand I heard that in some cases a feature is not usable anymore after a router restart. Which licence type causes this behavior?

Thanks for the help :)

I don't know for sure.

As I understand it, the evalution licence counts down, and then o the next reboot stops working.

However, it is for "evaluation", so by then you should have decided if you want to buy a licence to use the feature or not, and properly install the licence.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: