Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Export Switch Data to CSV File

I'm looking to export my 9300 Cat switch data such as, interface(bandwidth, status) , CPU, Memory, to a CSV so I can ultimately pull that data from PowerBi. I would like this to be automated everyday if possible

Has anyone done this. Is it possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually, I found out that IOS-XE has a feature called Model-Driven Telemetry. With this, I'm able to throw this raw data over to a local DB or over to a PowerBI Data Set.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you will not get on-shelf this feature, but you can automate with scripting using SNMP or SSH - export data to your Server and make a script to generate whatever format you like to for reporting purpose.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Okay, I do have a CentOS jump server that I use for SSH'ing into my devices, I guess I can run a script from there. I just need to know what command I need to enter to export data off the switch and direct it to a server. 

Any ideas?

i would suggest to use SNMP poll interval to get information and store what ever format - so you can extract report later.

snmp config

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/nmgmt/b_166_nmgmt_9300_cg/b_166_nmgmt_9300_cg_chapter_010.html

OID to get information :

OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Actually, I found out that IOS-XE has a feature called Model-Driven Telemetry. With this, I'm able to throw this raw data over to a local DB or over to a PowerBI Data Set.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card