cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth control on cisco switch

shivccna_2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,,, please Suggest now we are need to bandwidth control from Cisco L2 switch so please confirm which model suggest for this requirement and how configure and manage bandwidth control.

10 Replies 10

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Could you further define your bandwidth control needs?

we are using 2960 switch in data server and all server are connected with switch. we require each server define 5Mb bandwidth limit. Can we make it. please find the attached snap shot for your reference.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe that could be accomplished by using an ingress policy to rate limit traffic to 5 Mbps.

PS:

You last posting did not have a "snap shot".

Hi,, Could you please share ingress policy configuration and any configuration link.

Do it on your router and use QoS policing or shaping. Make an access-list per server and assign each the desired bandwidth.

Examples

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

policy-map Server-IN
 class class-default
  police 5000000

interface X
 service-policy input Server-IN

and please find the below network diagram,

Tiago Marques
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

see the link:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11456686/monitor-consumption-bandwidth

Hi,, Now i am working in Data Center and using 103.249.0.0/22 pool in my DC. but we didn't assign an single IP - 103.249.0.217 on any basic machine but. 

When we are assigning this IP - 103.249.0.217 on base machine then i am not to Connect to internet and i checked in Cisco 2911 ARP cache so i am getting.

and i checked this ip- 103.249.0.217 in my all network and not assign on another system.

and i also configured this IP on my router as secondary IP but didn't get any ping

Please suggest, why is this IP is not working when i assigned on system. please find the Network diagram.

This discussion has been reposted to the LAN, Switching and Routing community.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card