Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi !A Network Lab (governmental) did not let our cisco 2960s switches to be imported to the country and said "according to my lab tests, the maximum mac that your switch can learn is about 500 but as cisco says it should be about 8000"they did not gi...

Hi all,I'm going to install an SNMP server(NAGIOS) in the next days.The network that I administrer it's a small/medium network.I'm not sure if it's a good idea to configure SNMPv2 with communitys with Read Write privilege in the switches.Maybe it's n...

Please help me with the procedure for Soft SUP Failover testing:sw1#show redundancyRedundant System Information :------------------------------ Available system uptime = 7 weeks, 3 days, 13 hours, 20 minutesSwitchovers system experienced = 4 Standby ...

Hello all,I`m trying to come up with a couple of equations to determine the characteristics of residential networks.Basically, what I`ve got so far is that the bandwidth is determined by the interval in which PSACR (power sum attenuation to cross tal...

hi,i have cisco 2960 with following vty configline con 0password ciscologinline vty 0 4login localtransport input sshline vty 5 15login I didn't get the last two lines of configfirst 5 lines i have to use sshcan i use 5 to 15 lines through telnet?

Hello,Before I start on a long journey if possibly setting up all our routers and switches to use a Radius server for authentication to a device I have a couple of questions I hope someone would be kind enough to answer?1.)   I don't really what to s...

Hello allIs there eny away to create for example 2 users to access the CORE 4500, both "enable" password but one can do everything, and the other just read, or see the configs?

Guys, need help. cisco c4948e switch  log is showing COMPACTFLASHNOTREADY: Compact flash is not readyFeb 24 00:28:22.338 UTC: %C4K_FLASH-4-COMPACTFLASHNOTREADY: Compact flash is not readyCOMPACTFLASHNOTREADY: Compact flash is not readyFeb 24 00:28:22...

wanwa01 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI was doing a little reading last night about autoqos on a router, how it builds the recommended class maps etcMy question is do people use this in thre real world with good results?cheersCarl

Hi all.I have setup SPS2024 link aggregation(802.3ad) with two hosts: the one side four 1g portsSolaris 11 aggregation (storage), the one side two 1g ports Linux bonding (client).The tests shows normal distribution of a sending traffic over several p...

alexeyk53 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,if i configure two 1-gig interfaces for etherchannel, after bundling two interface does etherchannel interface become (1+1) 2 Gig in actual.i heard Etherchannel interface becomes 2gig logically (as per this case) but in actual during data flow tim...