Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello dear friends!I have three questions about how the stp protocol works on the network.These are my impressions of the performance of this protocol.I want to know your opinion if I have the right idea or not? (The second one is more important to m...

I have a number of 3650's in a stack configuration that I am using as an authenticator.  I have one 3650 acting as a supplicant.  I followed the directions from NEAT Configuration Example with Cisco Identity Services Engine - Cisco.The supplicant swi...

StefanoN by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody,I have a trouble with a switch (switch 1 master of  3 switchs in one stack)  that is rebooting continuously when i connect a machine on it.Historic:I rebooted the stack because of electric cut.After startup completed, the switch 1 master...

frbachel05 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i want to change the password type of the radius key from type 7 to type 6 on a catalyst 1000 Series Switch.but if i want to generate a config-key, like it works with IOS-XE, the command is not available.  (config)#key ?% Unrecognized commandIOS V...

Nils 86 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I’m working on SPAN configuration on the device Cisco C1000-48T-4G-Land i am trying to filtering unnecessary VLANS/traffics in my destination monitoring interface.I looked through the data sheet and configuration commands, the switch does not ...

Resolved! Cat 2960 routing

I have cat 2960 with default router to x.x.x.10 , however one destination (y.y.y.y) is using another gateway which is x.x.x.3 , how i can force this to use the default route .10 ?  sh ip routeDefault gateway is x.x.x.10 Host                 Gateway  ...

qsosan20 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good evening!I am new to networking and attempting to build out a basic network. I have a Cisco 4431 Router and two Cisco 3850's. I have multiple VLANS place to separate data paths, but utilizing VLAN 99 as a management. I am unable to ping or SSH in...

IT1Andy by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Is it possible to use type 6 encryption on a C1000-8P-E-2G-L?When I try to configure it as below not even the command is recognized...switch-01#conf t Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. switch-01(config)#key ? % Unrecog...

Tux_Net by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have an N7k chassis that is under warranty, but I have two SUP-01 supervisors running NX-OS version 05.X, and we want to upgrade them to version 7.X. Is there a way to update, or do we need to switch to SUP-02? If we need to switch to SUP-2,...

I am new to PT and taking the online intro course.In the sector Video - Deploying Devices Example they connected home router to a webcam. I tried connecting mine on my PT but it keep getting connection error: The cable cannot be connected to this por...

hiroyu by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 10 Helpful votes

Resolved! Port not coming up

Below is configuration between two switches (One building to another building Via P2P ubiquity PMBE-400 connected , but Port channel is not coming up , so please advise what might be issue .configuration on both switches as below interface GigabitEth...

sameer-t by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes