Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have been configuring access-list on a 2811 router to deny all traffic except TFTP. Right now, only the router who's IP adresse are in the ACL, can copy their running-config to the TFTP server. However, the router that is directly connected t...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but.. I am looking to buysome Cisco switches and routers on ebay.  How is the software license transferred?  Can the unit be sold without the software?  Thanks!

New SLM2008 Switch arrived with 1.0.1 firmware. Logged in using default 'admin' user and no password ok. Changed admin password. Loged out and tested new password. Upgraded firmware to V2.0.0.10 (SLM2008v2.0.0.10.wrp). Upgrade went fine, login page h...

ianc by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I read this passage in a QoS book I am reading and it left me a little confused:Imagine a router is connected to a L2 switch via an access link, not a trunk, and that packets are being sent by the router to the switch port. What does it mean when it ...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I got the error message as below while load ing the 3660 routerloadprog: bad file magic number:      0x0boot: cannot load "flash:"System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(6r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.Warning: monitor ...

i get the purpose of this command. Its a default gateway so you can access the switch from another subnet. However i have a 2950 on the network and its pingable/telnetable from everyother subnet yet it has no ip defualt gateway configured. It is only...

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi seniors,I am looking for rack rentals for BCMSN exam instead of building own home lab !! Suggessions which is better and any website to purchase the hours.Thanks for all.Tahir.

tahir1234 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6500 switch connected to 4500 on a Layer II.  4500A acting as a layer III switch and is connected to other Core 4500B swith as a Layer III port.  The subnet between (2) 4500s are 172.24.200.56/30.3750 config for Mgmt VLAN 182int vlan 182ip a...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the process of upgrading our 3560-48PS switches from 12.2(40)SE to 12.2(52)SE.  To apply the upgrade, I have erased the nvram and saved the new IOS file to the switches.  The problem I am running into is losing the vtp data.  I am trying to f...

jwilliard by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears ,I have a network having as given in the attached diagram.cisco 7206vxR running as a router on stick and we have many vlans connected through 2960 switch . I want to upgrade my network by using my existing hardwares . Could you please suggest m...

Haris P by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! EAP-FAST & LDAP

Hi Experts,I am configuring the setup with the following devicesACS SOLUTION ENGINE 4.2WIRELESS LAN CONTROLLER 4404INTEL PROSET WIRELESS ADAPTER IN LAPTOPCISCO 1242 WIRELESS ACCESS POINTLDAP SERVERI am trying to use LDAP server as the external server...