Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I was reading cisco book where it says Sinle vlan can support multiple subnets.Because switch ports are configured for vlan  number only and not a network address any station connected to a poprt can present  ant subnet address range.if someon...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Helpful votes

I have a less then a dozen Cisco 3850 switches that I am working on.  I need to configure 802.1x authentication.  The issue is the switches are reaching out to Cisco ACS and I need to set up radius server to enable 802.1x.  The Cisco ACS I found out ...

John N by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been instructed to delete any weak MD5 or 96-bit MAC algorithms on all my switches.  My current setup I have the following:hmac-sha2-256hmac-sha2-512 hmac-sha1hmac-sha1-96  Out of these which would be considered to be weak MAC algorithm? 

John N by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Routing rip issue

The routing table of router r2 and r3 aren't updating and their corrisponding hosts aren't able to communicate outside of the LAN. Hoping to get a reply asap..!

imrann by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have to provide IP for many clinets which each of them has to have individual VLAN ID. I am using q in q to provide ctag vlan under svlan.the configuration on my router is like below:ip dhcp pool SVL-200network 10.225.0.0 255.255.255.0def...

MYazdian by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There is a link that is configured on cisco 2960x as access port + voice vlan (data 100 and voice 44) that goes into this dumb switch where users connect.I wanted to replace that switch with another 2960x but when try to connect this two switches tog...

dyoi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am working for a laboratory which is situated in a university and we are currently part of the university network. I was recently made responsible for insulating the Laboratory LAN from this of the university aiming higher security. I am managin...

strive by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all hoping someone can assist me.... I just purchased a Cisco Business 220 Series 16 port switch.  I'm trying to do some basic configs via GUI.  I created few VLANs and all I wish to do now is to add IPs to them.  But for whatever reason when I se...

Haikaz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,  Recently I have been working on setting internet access and vlans on my Cisco 2960 x-series and for most part its been a success. my only issue is that I have created a vlan 50 on p0rt 47 but it won't provide internet access, I am baffled by ...

Hi guys, I'm new to packet tracer and I need to do a project, I'm really having a hard time getting this done, could you help me with it?I NEED TO PROPOSE A NETWORK SOLUTION USING VLANS ON EACH LAN SEGMENT AND CONFIGURING INTERVLAN ROUTING USING A LA...

SOLOYO00 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes