cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

business switch CBS350-24XS (stack: Unit1 and Unit 2)

markusz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the business switch CBS350-24XS (stack: Unit1 and Unit 2) should not have another vlan configured, only the default vlan 1.
But somehow, when I connect two hosts, I can't get a connection between them. I also don't see any Mac address of the hosts on the inerfaces.

So basically the stack is supposed to work like a cheap switch that is unpacked and everything is connected to it without configuring anything extra.

It doesn't work at the moment and I don't know what to configure, because I thought I didn't have to configure anything

Does anyone know what the settings need to be for this?

Thanks

Greetings
Markus

6 Replies 6

Hi

Take a look on smar ports and disable it, if enabled. This can automatic config a few things on the switch trying to help you.

FlavioMiranda_0-1688392825606.png

You can share the config from the switch to take a look. If you have access via CLI, shre the show running-config. If you can not, Check is the port is not in trunk, if they are in Access, make sure they have no port assigned.

FlavioMiranda_1-1688392946748.png

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Smartport is disabled and the the Ports are not configured. All Ports are Access and the Admin Vlans and operational Vlans Are Status 1U

Port are up but is not working and see no mac address on the Ports

Regards
Markus

Can you share the switch config?

When you are testing, are you configuring which IP address on the devices?

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@markusz 

How do you connect those hosts, fiber or copper? What's the status of the ports the hosts are connected to? I have two CBS350-8XTs in a stack with fiber and copper connections. They work fine so I don't think it's something wrong with your switches. Stacking of CBS350 switches is very simple, too. 

Kris K

Hello,

I connect the hosts and the stack connection with cooper sfp dac cable.

On the stackports i see on the show Interface status description the medium is cooper but the on the host i see fiber in the description.

But when i make the hostport as an access Port and allowed the vlan thats configured on the VMware side, is see a macaddress.
But i must go without to make allowed vlans in the switch. I must make one broadcastdomain.
Thats the requirement for me to do this.

Regards
Markus

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@markusz 

DAC cables usually do not cause any trouble as long as they are not too long. The switches should be fine, too.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that you are trying to implement some unorthodox combination, like having multiple subnets in a single VLAN. A VLAN is a broadcast domain and there should be only one subnet there.

Kris K
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card