cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bypass pix

jszapipes
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping someone can help me here. I want traffic originating from our video conference setups to be directly routed to my outside switch, completely bypassing our PIX.

We currently have a 250 MB pipe and our PIX is struggling with that amount of data coming through it. We are getting an ASA but not until the beginning of next school year. Here is my set up and hopefully someone can help me get this accomplished.

VideoConference--->2560---->6509------>ContentFilter------->InsideSwitch------>PIX----->OutsideSwitch------->ISP-Router

Thanks

jp

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kyle McKay
Level 1
Level 1

You will need an alternative path from 6509 or inside switch to the outside switch. With this path in place you can use policy based routing to force VC traffic through that path rather than to the PIX.

View solution in original post

Vivek Ganapathi
Level 4
Level 4

I would suggest to have a direct link from your 6509 to the ISP router. Hope you have an interface available to do this. If available, then configure the interface on 6509 as routed port --> Assign it an IP address & then configure policy based routing to have all your VC traffic going via the newly created link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Vivek

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kyle McKay
Level 1
Level 1

You will need an alternative path from 6509 or inside switch to the outside switch. With this path in place you can use policy based routing to force VC traffic through that path rather than to the PIX.

Maybe you could try to create a tunnel (GRE or VPN) between 6509 and OutsideSwitch, if you have access to those switches, and encapsulate VC traffic into it.

Vivek Ganapathi
Level 4
Level 4

I would suggest to have a direct link from your 6509 to the ISP router. Hope you have an interface available to do this. If available, then configure the interface on 6509 as routed port --> Assign it an IP address & then configure policy based routing to have all your VC traffic going via the newly created link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Vivek

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card