Views
Helpful
Replies

C1000-24T-4G-L-V02

Herald Sison
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

anyone who have tried purchasing C1000-24T-4G-L-V02? Did you configure this via CLI? i cannot find any micro usb port that i can connect to USB port of my PC. I have also tried the traditional Serial/Com cable but nothing came up with my Putty. I assume this is a plug and play (unmanaged switch).

I have a similar switch that is installed in the server room but it has all the feature that i wanted to for it to run CLI via micro USB port connect to USB port of my PC and the model is C1000-48T-4G-L-V01. Is there a major change that cisco made for their new models?

Here are my pictures below:

Newly acquired Switch C1000-24T-4G-L-V02:

2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

My existing switch inside the server room C1000-48T-4G-L-V01:

4.jpg5.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-25 144553.jpg

The difference physically is apparent. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

>....This is what i found available hanging around the server room.

That is a way prone to errors and or not exactly knowing what is being done or used is bad practice  , at least verify any console cable solution on another switch to check if it is working (for example)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

Hi Herald,

Not sure about that serial cable. I would order one. Cisco makes the light blue ones, and they work great. Typically, the console cables are flat. HTH.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The port with blue underlined is the console port

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yes sir. I tried plugging in to that port to serial port in my PC but still got nothing from my putty (as you can see from the images above). Only COM1 is available in my list of ports. Any idea?

- Are you using a correct serial cable , because at first glance that seemed to me an Ethernet cable  , which won't work.

M.

This is what i found available hanging around the server room. The new switch did not come with free console cable.

67FE41C1-7045-472A-8C79-14E6E1C25062.jpeg

>....This is what i found available hanging around the server room.

That is a way prone to errors and or not exactly knowing what is being done or used is bad practice  , at least verify any console cable solution on another switch to check if it is working (for example)

M.

I will keep everyone posted. I have ordered a new console to usb cable. We'll let you know once arrived

Hi Herald,

Not sure about that serial cable. I would order one. Cisco makes the light blue ones, and they work great. Typically, the console cables are flat. HTH.

Hi Sir, did you install a driver for it? what console cable you have right now is it via USB or via serial port?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card