Views
Helpful
Replies

C1000 web console issues after upgrade

j.dunsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a C1000-16P-E-2G-L.. and have tried to upgrade to the most current iOS which currently is 15.2.7E4

Every time i try, the upgrade completes (using USB) and the web interface turns out like this.

CiscoScreenshot.png

The header is garbled, obviously missing some sort of reference, and there is a missing image underneath the left hand menu.

Any ideas? Ive never seen this before on the Web interface.. If i go back to E2 everything goes back to normal.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

had the same Problem with my brand new C1000-16P-2G-L which curiously came preinistalled with iOS 15.2.8E (not yet available on the C1000 Download section!).
The top menu on the GUI looked like shown on the screenshot in the first posting. Hyperlinks on this menu were not working.

After trying different iOS Releases (i've even downgraded to 15.2.7E2) with no success, i finally returned to the currently recommended version 15.2.7E4.

After studying the Release Notes, i stumbled over this hint: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst1000/software/releases/15_2_7_e/release_notes/ol_15_2_7_e_c1000.html#concept_ghx_wjh_5qb

There was already a priviledge 15 user configured, so i've added "ip http authentication local" to the config, and it finally resolved this annoying Issue

2021-10-20 01_20_34-C1000-16P-2G-L.jpg

Best regards,
    Marcus

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As a sanity check try different browser(s)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

j.dunsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Yeah, tried Safari + Chrome on MacOS and iOS..

Also tried Chrome+Edge on Win10

Cleared caches too.

Same result!

- Check the logs when trying to access the web console , perhaps more info can be found.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo35537

Check if the bug Conditions apply to your configuration (too). If so , then implement the suggested Workaround.

M.

j.dunsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, and thanks for the further reply.

Have enabled log level 7 and attempted again, nothing showed in log.

also

changed to the suggested 'service timestamps log datetime' - unfortunately still the same

service timestamps are currently set as follows.

no service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log datetime

tried combinations of the service timestamps too.

Cheers

- Ok, it should be considered as cosmetic  I guess, meaning that  the rest of the gui should work.

M.

j.dunsmore
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, i totally agree with you, but if someone gets a new switch with this revision of SW, and especially as a beginner they would be really confused seeing that.

Im not bothered really since i normally use the CLI for everything, but it would be nice to see the GUI working as expected. Interesting as well that it worked ok in version E2

I dont have access to log a TAC for it either.

Hi,

had the same Problem with my brand new C1000-16P-2G-L which curiously came preinistalled with iOS 15.2.8E (not yet available on the C1000 Download section!).
The top menu on the GUI looked like shown on the screenshot in the first posting. Hyperlinks on this menu were not working.

After trying different iOS Releases (i've even downgraded to 15.2.7E2) with no success, i finally returned to the currently recommended version 15.2.7E4.

After studying the Release Notes, i stumbled over this hint: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst1000/software/releases/15_2_7_e/release_notes/ol_15_2_7_e_c1000.html#concept_ghx_wjh_5qb

There was already a priviledge 15 user configured, so i've added "ip http authentication local" to the config, and it finally resolved this annoying Issue

2021-10-20 01_20_34-C1000-16P-2G-L.jpg

Best regards,
    Marcus

Hi Marcus

Excellent. Well found, i never noticed that before (or its just been added) ! That worked and the GUI is back to normal!

As has been said before, its only cosmetic, but non CLI users would run into major confusion seeing all the garbage on screen.

Cheers

John

That fixed it for me! To get to configure I had to use SeaMonkey browser which works well with poor CORS policies.

Thank you for the permanent fix, Chrome now works properly.

Marcus S.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Thank You, you're very welcome

I aggree, this is cosmetic and not that relevant to users like us.

But nevertheless, when You are buying an expensive switch from the market leader, you expect to get a product that is free of glitches or blemishes like this. As i said, in my case i had this issue "out of the box" with the factory setting. So without knowing the cause, this issue easily leaves the impression of a not so well reasoned product to new or unexperienced customers.

So in my opinion this missing config excerpt should be set by factory default, in order not to leave new customers annoyed.

Best regards

Marcus

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card