Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C1300 Firmware Upgrade Issue

I'm experiencing an issue while upgrading the firmware of a switch to the latest version, 4.1.3.36. The reboot process has taken hours, but it still hasn't been completed and no percentage appears to see the reboot process. Checking the CLI status shows that the old version remains active and will only switch to inactive after a successful reboot.

The setup involves stacking switches, but one of the switches is running a different firmware version, so I'm trying to upgrade all the switches to the latest version to match each other. Notably, stacking two switches with version 4.0.0.93 works without issues. However, when configuring a third switch with a different version, it gets stuck in the reboot process after applying the stack configuration, leading to a connection timeout and losing access to both the GUI and console.

Would trying a different firmware version be advisable in this scenario? Or should I stick to 4.0.0.93? Or what version is recommended for this model Catalyst 1300-48P-4X?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would make sure that any other device intended to join the stack would have the same version as the other two
    in the stack, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ppnlr
Level 1
Level 1

Experience similar issue with this. After configuring stack on the third c1300 switch. it get stucked. also on the cli there is no logs coming in. Have you able to resolve the issue? @dianawinskymartin 

I'm seeing the same behaviour on 4 C1300-48P-4X. The firmware out of the box has the stacking working. I had it where only the account was changed, stacking enabled and confirmed working. When I tell the stack to use the latest version they reboot but half of them get stuck during the boot process and the ones that do come up the stacking ports look to be down.

I've become fairly quick at the factory reset process on the cli.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card