cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C1300 with VoIP Phones

jackdobiash
Level 1
Level 1
Greetings!  We recently purchased a C1300-16P-2G as a possible replacement to our C1000 models (which is what Cisco recommends).  It turns out that these aren't running the full iOS on them, it's some sort of 'Small Business' like setup, even though it's listed as a full Catalyst switch.     I've been trying to figure out how to make all of the things we have setup on our standard iOS (and iOS-XE) switches work on this new model, but I've ran into a problem making our VoIP phones work.   

On our current switches, we just use the 'network-policy' commands and assign it to the ports we want to use for VoIP, and everything just works.  I've tried to do it on these new switches using LLDP MED, Auto Voice VLAN and Auto Voice using OUI and none have worked.    Here is what we use on existing iOS/IOS-XE switches for our VoIP.   Does anyone know how to make this work on the C1300's?

---------------------------
network-policy profile 236
voice vlan 236
voice-signaling vlan 236

lldp run

int Gi0/1
description PC/Phone
network-policy 236
switchport access vlan 10
switchport mode access
end

---------------------

That's it!  It's very basic and places the PCs on vlan 10 and the phones on vlan 236 without having to do anything else.   If anyone has any ideas how to do this same thing on the C1300 it would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!
3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1200/1300 is an SMB-category switch that got "promoted" to Catalyst only by "name" and not by function.  

Treat the 1200/1300 accordingly (an SMB-category appliance).  

jackdobiash
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah I get that it's still more like an SMB switch, but I'm looking at these mainly for remote closets and don't need anything special.    The only other compact switch left is the 9200CX, which is way overkill for a closet (and a lot more expensive).    This is why I was using the C1000 line.   If I can just figure out how to make VoIP work on these C1300 that'll work.  Any help is appreciated, thx!

jackdobiash
Level 1
Level 1

I think I was able to get it figured out.  In case anyone was interested, I had to put the ports into trunk mode to make it work, along with the network policy.    On our other switches it would work even in access mode. 

Here are the specifics of what I had to run:

voice vlan id 236
no lldp med network-policy voice auto
lldp med network-policy 1 voice vlan 236 vlan-type tagged up 5 dscp 46

On each port that I want to be VoIP capable:

spanning-tree portfast
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 10
switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,236
lldp med network-policy add 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card