cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960-LANBASEK9-M image on 2960 switch

salrashid
Level 1
Level 1

We are using the C2960-LANBASEK9-M image on 2960 switch.   As I understand, this is just a layer 2 switch and therefore should not block traffic by default for example udp broadcast and unicast traffic.  Am I right in thinking this. 

Also can something have caused the udp broadcast and unicast traffic to get blocked on the switch.

Any help on this matter will be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Based on your post i feel storm-control could be one of the reason which has the capability to limit the broadcast and multicast traffic.

you can check the port level configs to make sure that you dont have this feature configured to avoid blocking these traffic patterns.

Also you have best practices for using this feature on the end-user closet ports which you may have to refer for redefining the same.

regds

Just to follow up on your prompt reply

1.   You mention:-

"port level configs to make sure that you dont have this feature configured to avoid blocking these traffic patterns"

Exactly what will I be looking for here in terms of the  configuration commands presented in the config that may suggested blocking is going on.

2.   Also are they any useful documents (urls) that discuss  storm-control  capability to limit the broadcast and multicast traffic on the cisco 2960 switches. 

3.    You mention:-

"Best practices for using this feature on the end-user closet ports."

Are they any useful documents (url)  that discuss this.

Look forward to your reply.

Hi

Hope this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.1E/native/configuration/guide/storm.html

Let me chck out the BP guide on this for you.

regds

Thanks alot for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card