Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Have anybody heard about 3560 switches not processing certain packets at layer 3?From a 2960 I cannot reach a certain address ONLY. It  goes to the 3560 wireless 1410 bridges that never had a problem.This happened just as I enabled ip routing after 4...

hi all,i know on cat os system when you do config changes it directly saves to nvram but in IOS  device we used wr mem.Can someone explain me please why this happens?regardsmahesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just want to say, i will be trying this out.  i just got a 881w off of ebay.  ill be using it for fun, and for a home router solution.isp(comcast)--->docsis3 modem--->881w~~~>wireless bridge in the computer room--->switch--->pc'sand isp(comcast)---...

Hi All,1. What is the cisco recommended config for access ports connecting to IP Phones, as regards to the loop protection, considering the scenario that a daisy chained PC cable can be looped back to the IP Phone? Will following suffice:spanning-tre...

Dear Friends,Just a few basic questions on dual-active setup in VSS:We have a scenario on 2 VSS chassis each of them having 1 6708 and 1 VS-720 supervisor. There are no 1G ports except the one on the supervisor.We are using 2 VSL links - one on 6708 ...

Please see the attached for diagram. My issue is that when we perform an IPerf test between two servers, somehow the traffic traverses via the firewall LAN interface ( I see the traffic on the firewall LAN interface spiking during the test) Why isn...

greycrx87 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I Have 5 building with 3 IDF in each building, the client access range from 100 port to 200 ports 2950 or 2960 with 1 gig uplinks to 3560-g's. my core is two 6500sup720-3b. the bulk of my users are in 3 of the build with about 200 is my largest stack...

Hi All,Abit of a open question really but am really afer abit of advise,Currently we have a flat network 172.16.x.x 255.255.0.0 without any VLAN's, we are now looking to introduce VLAN's into the network using a /24 mask 172.16.10.x 255.255.255.x etc...

TimLaffan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Multi-region MSTP

I am confused about single vs mult-region MST.  I know that in single region, the IST root is elected by the lowest bridge priority.  But in multi-region, there is also an additional root bridge election (regional root) with lowest cost path to the C...

droeun141 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Im looking at performing a type of crude load balancing from a single Cisco PIX.  I have a scenario whereby I have two ADSL routers directly connected to two seperate external interfaces on the Cisco PIX.  I am aware that the device does not s...

We are using the C2960-LANBASEK9-M image on 2960 switch.   As I understand, this is just a layer 2 switch and therefore should not block traffic by default for example udp broadcast and unicast traffic.  Am I right in thinking this.  Also can somethi...

salrashid by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes