Views
Helpful
Replies

c3560cx web management not working after firmware reflash

radio horeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

after an unsuccsessful firmware update attempt (via the WebUI) yesterday, I managed to reflash the firmware via Xmodem and got the switch back running, however the WebUI doesn't work properly yet.

After my first boot attempt I had the .bin in the root directory of flash, which led to a generic webUI with terminal input and stuff. So I realized the firmware image should be in the corresponding directory (with the html directory and so on), so I copied the .bin into thhat folder. Now if I try to access WebUI I get the password request but after entering I see the loading ajax but after that the page stays blank (no error, the page is loaded as I can see with the browser developer tools).

Before the firmware crash the firmware worked just fine, so I doubt that the problem is in the conf.

Best regards,
Dominik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you are using the webGUI then you need the .tar system image file, not just the .bin file. Either copy of the .tar file to flash or extract it from a remote server using the archive command,  eg:

archive download-sw tftp://192.168.1.1/c3560cx-universalk9-tar.152-7.E3.tar

This will create the correct directory structure and contents for the release.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

With your approach, the bin-version and the UI don't match any more. Best to do a new upgrade with the tar-file from the command line:

archive dl-software tftp://the-tar-file-for-the-switch

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you are using the webGUI then you need the .tar system image file, not just the .bin file. Either copy of the .tar file to flash or extract it from a remote server using the archive command,  eg:

archive download-sw tftp://192.168.1.1/c3560cx-universalk9-tar.152-7.E3.tar

This will create the correct directory structure and contents for the release.

cheers,

Seb.

With your approach, the bin-version and the UI don't match any more. Best to do a new upgrade with the tar-file from the command line:

archive dl-software tftp://the-tar-file-for-the-switch

radio horeb
Level 1
Level 1

@Karsten Iwen @Seb Rupik Thanks guys, I will try that right now and probably solve the problem.

She's back, thanks guys!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card