cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c3750-ipbaselmk9 and basic static routing .?

j-tagesson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

When I'm going to upgrade my 3750G stack the download page states that I should use the

ipbaselmk9 version of ios.

Does it support basic routing features ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It is meant only for reducing the size of the image and not the feature

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Somu

Rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

If I recall correctly, should support static routing, RIP and EIGRP stub routing.

SunilKhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

An IP Base IOS

set includes  advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists  (ACLs), and basic static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)  functions. Dynamic IP routing protocols (Open Shortest Path First  (OSPF), BGPv4, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)) are  available only on the IP services image.

Please have a look at the URL

What is the difference between an IP base image and an IP services image

Regards,

Sunil

If you think the post was helpful, please do not forget to rate the content!!!

Regards, Sunil Khanna

Hi guys, thnx for your awnser. I know this is the case for the regular ipbase versions, I just want to know if the lm in the version (less memory I suppose) disables some ipbase features or if it's the same as a std ipbase.

Hi,

It is meant only for reducing the size of the image and not the feature

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Somu

Rate helpful posts

Thank you.

BTW can i mix ipbaselmk9 3750:s with ipbasek9 350X switches in the same stack ?

Use the same exact image for the entire stack.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card