cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c3850 priority-queue

tedauction
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, on my WS-C3850-48P, I have a Port-channel trunk leading to another switch. I have EF marked traffic entering this trunk.

On older models of switch I would have entered the command 'priority-queue out' on this trunk interface to activate the priority-queue therefore ensuring my EF traffic got placed in to it. However I know this model switch does not support that old command.

So, do I need to do anything to ensure my 'EF' marked traffic gets trunk interface priority queue treatment on this model switch or will it automatically do it ?

Thank you kindly for any help.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

on the 3850, ingress has default trust dscp enabled, with no policy needed. Egress uses dscp as classification.

Check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/118629-technote-qos-00.html#anc20

Thanks for that, but I was just asking whether I need to specifically do anything to 'enable' the 'priority queue' on this 3850 trunk interface.

Thanks kindly.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. For ingress, you don't need to do anything, as dscp is trusted. For egress, you need to define a policy using dscp as classification, in order to get your EF marked traffic prioritized. The document in the link describes how...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card