Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200 upgrade from Essentials to Advanced

pvladik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to upgrade C9200 switch base license from Network Essentials to Network Advantage? Or is the license

permanently tied to each SKU without the posibility of an upgrade?

If the upgrade is possible, does it apply for both C9200 and C9200L?

(C9300 can be upgraded via C9300-lic SKU, i am looking for a similar option for Catalyst 9200)

Thanks,

Pavel

19 Replies 19

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The add-on licensing package includes the Cisco DNA Premier, Cisco DNA Advantage and Cisco DNA Essentials options. In addition to on-box capabilities, the features available with this package provide Cisco innovations on the switch, as well as on Cisco DNA Center. The Cisco DNA add-on licenses are available as a subscription.

Check it for more information: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

This does not answer my question at all.

I am aware that there is Base license (Network Essentials and Network Advantage) which is permanent, and add-on license }DNA Essentials/Advantage/Premier] which is term based.

I am asking, if Base license can be upgraded from Network Essentials to Network Advantage.

Pavel

Oh sorry, i didnt understood your question.

License consumption is easily determined by the package itself. While base licenses are always permanent and without an expiration date, add-on licenses have to be purchased for a 3, 5, or 7 year term (and hence are also known as term-based licenses). Table 9 shows the combinations of base and add-on licenses that must be purchased.

You can upgrade it, purchasing license.

license.JPG

Jaderson Pessoa

I am aware of the screenshot you have attached as well. It describes possible license combination and informs you, that at license renewal, you can downgrade add-on license from DNA Advantage to DNA Essential. There not a word about Base license upgrade.

If it can be done, what is the SKU? For C9300 there is C9300-LIC. For C9200 i have not found any :(

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes it is possible and here are the details:

tps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html#Licensing

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi,

i am sorry, i have read the document, but there is no such information.

What is the SKU used for this upgrade?

Thanks, 

Pavel

sku.JPG

Jaderson Pessoa

Once again these are SKUs for DNA add-on term license, NOT for Base License change.

The Cisco DNA licenses - Essentials, Advantage, Premier - are NOT add-on licenses. They are THE licenses, have a mandatory selection requirement at time of purchase, and with each license also come the Network Essentials and Network Advantage software features per the license purchased.

Moon1998
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just talked about that with local Cisco office. They confirmed, that it will be possible. The SKU are just not yet in CCW, as c9200 are quite new. SKU should appear within few weeks and it should work the same way as with c9300.

HTH,

M.

Thank you!  I had the same question.  You specifically asked about upgrading from Network Essentials to Network Advantage (in simpler terms, but not 100% accurate, upgrading from layer 2 to layer 3), and a LOT of people on this thread answered about upgrading from DNA Essentials to Advantage.  Network, not DNA.

Hi, just want drop it here

C9200-LIC=

Electronic Cisco DNA Upgrade License for C9200 switches. Note: when upgrading from Cisco DNA Essentials to Cisco DNA Advantage, Network Essentials is upgraded to Network Advantage

Has anyone had any luck with changing the licensing?

Based on the data sheet there doesn't look like there is an option to upgrade the licenses.Annotation 2019-12-04 101226.png

Thank you all!  Great references.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco