Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200CX load IOS from USB or SDFLASH

eugeneg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks

I have a 9200CX with a corrupt IOS, I need to boot from either a USB or a SD card to fix this, problem is the ROMMON commands do not include anything useful

boot Load and boot an executable image
cat Display text content from a file
copy Copy a file
dir List filesystems or a directory on a filesystem path
help List command information
history Show command history
idprom Show idprom data
reset Reset entire system
set Set an environment variable value
unset Unsets an environment variable
version Show sboot version and runtime info

There is no delete, the flash filesystem is set to read only so I cannot copy a new image to flash, boot from USB of SD hangs for hours after reading the image and does nothing.  If I copy the contents of flash from a working switch and try to boot from packages.conf I receive a directory not found error.

This is all rather confusing

3 Replies 3

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

I can see "boot" and "dir" commands being available. I would use dir and see if it can list the contents of your usb. If so try booting from that. 

once booted then you can format flash: and reload IOS to flash so it can boot from flash next time. 

Hello! 

Insert the USB with the image. Check dir to display the current flash and usb directory. Then use the command:
boot usbflash0:<system image file name> 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Thanks, that did not work. The image was read but then the switch froze, tried this numerous times (as per the description in my post)
Found the solution though - used the "set" command to change the boot source location to my USB drive, image loaded okay after that.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card