Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

salam,my question is, in left topology i can ping between two routersin right topology i can't 1- is it because in left topology .. i have switch ports? (i added them manual)2- so in left topology can we said it's not a router it's similar to L3 Swit...

Hello Recently bought a module EHWIC 4ESG-in will install the cisco router 2921. But the cisco router is not recognizing this module. How to proceed?sh invNAME: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis", DESCR: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis"PID: CISCO2921/K9      , VID: V01 , ...

we have two cisco business switch in stack it has ten g ports. in our old network all connectivity is on 1 g. so now we want configure this switch fiber uplink port as 1 . we have configured port 1/0/21 & 2/0/21 fiber ports with 1g SFP but still show...

The catalyst-ie3300-rugged-series-ds.pdf data sheet for the does not explicitly state that a SFP-10G-T-X SFP module is compatible with the IE-3300-8T2X-E switch.Is there a reason why a SFP-10G-T-X SFP module wouldn't work with a IE-3300-8T2X-E switch...

chriswj88 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We currently have a few of these acting as access switches around our network.These switches run our POE telephones and our Workstations. (Switch --> Phone --> Workstation).Recently a user had brought a switch to the network and removed the teleph...

Hi I have got switches 9200l. How to use a scrypt 9 password on VTY lines?Switch(config-line)#password ? 0 Specifies an UNENCRYPTED password will follow 7 Specifies a HIDDEN password will follow <0-9> Encryption types not explicitly ...

Moudar by VIP
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a Switch Cisco SF200E - with 12 Port of PoE and connectiin to AP in lobby and some area. Recently, the Switch start to hang and the light of PoE stop working, unless I disconnect the Eithernet cable from the switch and put it back and tha...

Hello team,   I am trying to upload new image to a cisco ISR4331. I am at the Rommon> where I put the below commands. rommon 2 > IP_ADDRESS=10.0.0.1 rommon 3 > IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0 rommon 4 > TFTP_SERVER=10.0.0.2    == my pc ip tftpser rommon...

Fotiosmark by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear you all,First of all, I would like to say thank you all in community, your posts are really helpfulI am wondering about VLAN tagging on Access portIn my opinion :Ex: Client A- Fa0/1(Switch1)Fa0/2 - Access -Fa0/1(Switch2)Fa0/2- Client BFa0/1 & Fa...

HuyDC by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been tasked with updating our 3650 stack, wich contains 5 switches from ios 3.07.03E to Gibraltar-16.12.10a. the stacks are in install mode and will be following the cisco documentation on the upgrade process found here. I have a few questions...

javillan by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a Cisco 9400 Stackwise Virtual configuration, I understand that one switch is active and the other is in standby mode. Can someone break that down a bit more...Is one switch active and the other in standby only in terms of control plane processing...