Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300 & Spanning-Tree Link-Types

zekebashi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am working on replacing a couple of C6504 switches with C9300s. The IOS version on the new C9300 is: Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.06.03. I noticed that when I tried to configure some of the ports with
spanning-tree portfast edge, the "edge" parameter is not available. It seems that with IOS XE ver 16.06.03, the edge, network, and normal link types are no longer supported.  I was wondering if anyone else has run into a similar situation! Also, I couldn't find any Cisco documentations to show to configure the spanning-tree on ports? 

Thanks in advance, ~zK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

"spanning-tree portfast" and "spanning-tre portfast edge" has the same functionality. Some versions had the as only "portfast" and an others "portfast edge"

Regards,
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

"spanning-tree portfast" and "spanning-tre portfast edge" has the same functionality. Some versions had the as only "portfast" and an others "portfast edge"

Regards,
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Got it!

Thanks, Jaderson.

Best, ~zK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card