Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300X-24Y-A and C9200L-48PXG-4X-E Stacking cables

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

am looking to buy the following pair of switches as a core C9300X-24Y-A does anybody knows if the stacking cables comes with it if not does anybody knows SKU for it?

I am also looking to buy the following as 6 stackable access switches C9200L-48PXG-4X-E does anybody knows if Cisco includes the stacking cables for these switches as well if not does anybody know what's the SKU I will need to buy?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

>... The optional StackWise-160 and StackWise-80 kits consist of two adapters and a stacking cable.  Look at Table 1 in https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-stackwise-architecture-cte-en.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All stacking cables, regardless of model, are sold separately.

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

In order to stack the 6 of following switch C9200L-48PXG-4X-E I gathered that i will need the following:

6 of these C9200-STACK-KIT (Stack kit for C9200 SKUs which comes with Two data stack adapters and one data stack cable) and in order to complete the full stack mesh I will need one long stack cable to connect in the stack the first switch to last switch STACK-T4-1M. Does the 1M cable if the 6 switch are stacked back to back will be long enough? 

Hi,

Does the 1M cable if the 6 switch are stacked back to back will be long enough? 

I meter is about 3 feet. So, yes as long as the switches are on top of one another with no space between them, the 1-meter cable should be long enough. Also, When you order a stackable switch, usually there is SKU in the order, and it is marked with $0 which means the switch comes with one stacking cable.

HTH

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

I was confused someone had told when it comes buying switch C9200L-48PXG-4X-E I need to buy StackWise-80 and C9200L-STACK-KIT. From what I gathered The StackWise-80 means it's the architecture allows stacking of up to eight switches therefor beside me just buying C9200L-STACK-KIT to achieve stacking do I need to specify I need to buy StackWise-80 as SKU as well?

I have not purchased any 9200 series switches. So, I can't tell you if you need to purchase the kit separately or not. For all the other models (3750, 3850, 9300, etc..) If there was a $0 SKU in the quote, that would mean the cable comes with it. Now, looking at this site below, it appears that the kit is the cable and also the plug-in module (that is new to me). I would say, to be sure, ask the 3rd party vendor you are purchasing from or your Cisco rep/SE about this before purchasing.

HTH

https://www.serversupply.com/NETWORKING/EXPANSION%20MODULE/STACKING%20MODULE/CISCO/C9200L-STACK-KIT_323938.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aGz02ZHOex1e71imvAEfFIdLWEMoGwgNKg3jcAhq_FFZS676VxDipUaAse1EALw_wcB

When we buy 3850 and 9300, stacking cables are separate options (purchased separately).  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card