Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500-24Y4C-A - StackWise with 100G preterminated cable

Hi,

I want to implement Stackwise with two C9500-24Y4C-A and planning to use in each chassis:

2 SVL links using QSFP-100G-CU3M 100 Gbps QSFP28 3m Preterminated cable.

1 DAD link using SFP-H25G-CU3M 25 Gbps SFP28 3m Preterminated cable.

The other 2 x 40/100G ports in each chassis I will connect to Switch Core Nexus using 40G QSFPs.

I did not find any restrictions about different speeds between SVL links (aggregated 200G) and DAD link (25Gbps).

Also, did not find any restriction for mixing speeds and funcitions fo the 4 x 40/100G ports of this model that has 24 x 1/10/25G + 4 x 40/100G ports.

Please help confirm/advise if there is no restriction for this configuration.

4 Replies 4

kevindesb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Vitorio, did you get your answer ? i'm looking for the same work an answer 

Richard Pidcock
Level 1
Level 1

So you shouldn't have any troubles with your stackwise virtual using the 100G interfaces for your SVL links and the 25G for DAD.  I'm unsure about the second scenario.  As long as your links between the 9K Nexus switches and your Catalyst 9500 are consistent I think you will be fine.  (i.e. 40G or 100G on each side of the connection).

Richard W. Pidcock

Hi Richard, My question was more focused on using DAC cables with these speeds. so your first sentence is perfect to me  

Thanks ! 

That's great.  In my environment I'm using 4 of the 25G interfaces for my SVL links, and one additional for the keepalive (DAD link).  However, I had discussed with another engineer doing exactly what you're suggesting so I think you'll have no problems.

Appreciate if you can mark as helpful or solution. 

Thanks!

Richard W. Pidcock
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card