Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.  I'm working on getting things setup with my 3750.  I'm a total noob, so forgive my ignorance but I've hit a new stumbling block.  I wanted to take the config I got from show running-config and make some changes then paste it back in.  So I copie...

Hi!I bought a Catalyst 3750-E WS-C3750E-48TD-S from eBay for $25. I was actually at their warehouse picking up a printer and saw it sitting there and figured hell, 48 gig ports for $25? Heck yea lol. I know jack about Cisco though, I've never touched...

Strahan by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How can I emulate switch in GNS3 for learning purposes to practice building real lab for  CCNA/CCNP certifications. I love GNS3- it is a great tool which can run real Router IOS, but still limitation for learning switching functionalities.  Please up...

WizIT by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking to setup logflash on a 5548 but having difficulty finding proper documentation. I have found a few threads/documents that show that it's likely possible. I also see output from 'show logging' mentioning it's currently disabled due to lack...

lgordnier by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to perform a Nessus Discovery scan on our network devices. On our Catalyst 9300 switch I don't get results back from the Vlan IP addresses however, I do get responses from the devices on each Vlan. I am also not using "ip routing" so, I am try...

ajg002 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, to prioritize port 22 traffic(to avoid congestion) is the below sufficient? Or it is needed to be added bandwidth allocation like # bandwidth 50; # police 200000 conform-action transmit etc? I mean does the switch prioritize packets base...

Wesker by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey everyone!I'm quite lost, First of all I really don't understand why are the mibs in IOS are so much less in quantity then in the NXOS.But leave that, Using the Cisco site to locate what mibs are located on my version of the  switch, and I find th...

Screenshot from 2024-08-18 17-39-31.png

"We have purchased 15 Cisco Catalyst 1000 switches, and all of them are exhibiting a variety of strange issues. Despite the switches and interfaces being up and running, the LED indicators are not functioning as expected. Additionally, when connectin...

Screenshot_20240817-224909.jpg Screenshot_20240817-224915.jpg IMG-20240817-WA0080.jpg

Hello,The 3750 series Catalyst switch in our lab has five ports that are up and four of them are in forwarding state with their LED lights blinking green. One port (Gi1/0/7) is blinking amber and is not forwarding although it is up. Output for sh ip ...

sadqazi by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been reading that for RSTP the UplinkFast and BackBoneFast features are taken care in the standard IEEE specification by default, but while reading through the specification I see that the Port Information State Machine has a state now for handl...

esdeath by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi. I bought switch cisco c9200l 48port E. then i want to configure this devic. device show me a error. the error switch show me is "smart_lic-3-comm_failed communications failure with the cisco smart license utility (cslu) | unable to resolve ...". ...

Hi everyone, I am currently struggling at having my radius server working on my Nexus 5548.To make it short and clear (hopefully) :The internal core network is made up of a bunch of Nexus 7k with out of band management through vlan interfaces and a d...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card