Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't assign ip to DHCP server

ehsan1233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all
In our department we have QNAP TS-212 as a server for file sharing and all computers are connected to Cisco Catalyst 2960G switch. 
Because of changing the possition of QNAP, now when I am connecting pc with static IP to LAN, it has an access to internet and shared files, every thing is fine.BUT laptop with dynamic ip it has no access to server or internet. even when I am connecting it to the same port of pc, and even when I am configuring the same static ip address, it is still has no access to internet and shared files.
I tried to enabe DHCP server of MUWI-NAS, but when I am going to set the start and end ip address, it says this range has taken (the range that we have had before and it woked fine) choose different range. for every range, same alert. I guess something stopped this service that I don´t know what is it. What should I do? Is it because of the switch that I can't assign ip to DHCP ? 

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

kindly post show interface fx/x from your switch and ipconfig /all from your laptop.

you could try configuring your 2960G as DHCP server and remove QNAP to isolate the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

kindly post show interface fx/x from your switch and ipconfig /all from your laptop.

you could try configuring your 2960G as DHCP server and remove QNAP to isolate the issue.

Thanks . 

could you please send me a tutorial about how to configuring DHCP server from switch?

Because I am new it the department and I do't know how can I access to switch settings from my pc.   

Besides, what is show interface fx/x? 

hi,

there's a lot of config guideson the internet:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/ip/configuration/guide/fipr_c/1cfdhcp.html#wp1000999

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1800/1801/software/configuration/guide/scg/dhcpvlan.html#pgfId-999387

i was asking on which switch port the QNAP server is connected to and from there you issue the show interface command. for example QNAP is on the first port, i.e. show interface fastethernet 0/1. this is to know if layer 1 or cable connection is verified ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco