Helpful
Replies

can we configure L3 PC on different Line cards and Bundle them togethe

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Freinds

Talking N7K

can we configure L3 PC on different Line cards and Bundle them together in the Mgmt vrf acting HA for peer-keepalive link

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use other Line card port for keep-alive this what i did one of the deployment with dual sup card in each chasis

balajibandi_0-1700494649172.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hope we have guided you before vPC best Practice - i am sure you are in the community for Long - have you got a chance to read the document we have suggested :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/design/vpc_design/vpc_best_practices_design_guide.pdf

End device can be connected to any ports as Long as it reaches the L3 SVI

vPC mainly desinged for DC network to have Dual homed device to connect to mitigate when one of 7K switch fails other can work as expected - above guide help you better understanding.

Nexus 7K switches are not Access switches (until you looking to use as desktop switch here).

There is some use case you can connect PC to Nexus 7K switch to perform some testings.

BB

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

I m Talking about peer-keep alive over PC using different ports on different line card

Understood - PC mean Port-Channel (rather end device PC - was read that way).

Again i go back to the reference guide i was suggested (that is cisco recomendation) and make sure it meet the requirement for the system designed to work.

If you have any LAG other method of connection, then it will lead to failover distupt of the traffic, so its all how you like to perform your task.

BB

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

the thing is that i have 2 X SUP2E in each Nexus Box , so i dont want to connect Back 2 Back Mgmnt interface to form peer-link , afraid for Sup Failover 

You can use other Line card port for keep-alive this what i did one of the deployment with dual sup card in each chasis

balajibandi_0-1700494649172.png

BB

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

i will be doing the same

2 ports in different line cards (F2E) then bundle then bundle then in L3 PC using the vrf Mgnt 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card