cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot update Catalyst 3560 (No space left on device)

thall97
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to update my switch but running into this error. There was some old things I had to delete in the flash but even with those gone I cannot update the switch as it says I have no space available. If anyone has any advise it would be appreciated. I was able to update a few dozen of switches and this one refuses to update.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try below method :

If installing the same version of software that is currently on the switch, overwrite the current image. To do this, issue the archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar privileged EXEC command.   

The /overwrite command option overwrites the software image in Flash memory with the downloaded one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try below method :

If installing the same version of software that is currently on the switch, overwrite the current image. To do this, issue the archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar privileged EXEC command.   

The /overwrite command option overwrites the software image in Flash memory with the downloaded one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thall97
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for the help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card