Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant download config of Cisco C1111

Kvothe42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I wanted to backup my Ciscos configuration but it just does nothing when I click "Download File".
I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge but the error stays the same. Is there a certain reason it does that?
Shouldnt be that hard to download a config to be honest...

Kvothe42_0-1692766098970.png

Best regards

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would advice to use tftp as the download protocol instead of http , the latter being more complex w.r.t permissions on the remote repository , of course you  then need to have a tftp based remote repository setup  (too).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

It works normally for me, but I'm on a newer version. Did you check if you have any blocked content in the browser? And try upgrading to 17.6.5.

And as marce pointed out, I would also recommend using another form of configuration saving - tftp. 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be this could be Bug, have you tried different Transfer modes like TFTP / SFTP options ?

Also worth try running config (see if that works ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Kvothe42
Level 1
Level 1

I cant setup an FTP connection somehow....
Error in Configuring Backup & Restore

CLI Line 2 Address or name of remote host 192 168 100 163 CLI Line 2 Destination filename ftp config CLI Line 2 Error opening bootflash config txt Permission denied

I noticed that, if I download the html, the download speed is very slow. It took 3 minutes to download 190 Byte... I guess thats that problem. But why is the download speed out of the router so slow, when everything else downloads as it should?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card