Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant download config of Cisco C1111

Kvothe42
Beginner
Beginner

Hi there,

I wanted to backup my Ciscos configuration but it just does nothing when I click "Download File".
I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge but the error stays the same. Is there a certain reason it does that?
Shouldnt be that hard to download a config to be honest...

Kvothe42_0-1692766098970.png

Best regards

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would advice to use tftp as the download protocol instead of http , the latter being more complex w.r.t permissions on the remote repository , of course you  then need to have a tftp based remote repository setup  (too).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

It works normally for me, but I'm on a newer version. Did you check if you have any blocked content in the browser? And try upgrading to 17.6.5.

And as marce pointed out, I would also recommend using another form of configuration saving - tftp. 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be this could be Bug, have you tried different Transfer modes like TFTP / SFTP options ?

Also worth try running config (see if that works ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Kvothe42
Beginner
Beginner

I cant setup an FTP connection somehow....
Error in Configuring Backup & Restore

CLI Line 2 Address or name of remote host 192 168 100 163 CLI Line 2 Destination filename ftp config CLI Line 2 Error opening bootflash config txt Permission denied

I noticed that, if I download the html, the download speed is very slow. It took 3 minutes to download 190 Byte... I guess thats that problem. But why is the download speed out of the router so slow, when everything else downloads as it should?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: