Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2960X vs 9200 series

Greetings,

I have to replace/change the WS-C2960S-24TS-L.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-733348.html

It is telling to use WS-C2960X-24TS-L.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/index.html

It is telling me to switch to something new: Catalyst 9200 Series switches.

Have you used the 9200 and would say it is better even though it is new whereas the 2960X are long time in the marked and stable.

Please advise,

Edouard.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 2960 will be fade from the market soon, as EoL announced was June 2019, I do not believe cisco official shipping any devices until some partner has stock in place.

as per the Software support and security patches ended in March 2020. (some support end until 2024)

Cisco new catalyst replace same features with the same costing I guess depends on where you buying.,

if I were you, I move to Cat 9200 as it has long term support and good Return of investment, rather going to the kit which was EoL.

By saying that you need to also look a support model, it changing in new Cat 9200, Essential / Advantage, 3 years, and 5 years kind of support.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 2960 will be fade from the market soon, as EoL announced was June 2019, I do not believe cisco official shipping any devices until some partner has stock in place.

as per the Software support and security patches ended in March 2020. (some support end until 2024)

Cisco new catalyst replace same features with the same costing I guess depends on where you buying.,

if I were you, I move to Cat 9200 as it has long term support and good Return of investment, rather going to the kit which was EoL.

By saying that you need to also look a support model, it changing in new Cat 9200, Essential / Advantage, 3 years, and 5 years kind of support.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not enough information to say whether 9200/9300 or even the Catalyst 1000 is the appropriate upgrade path to replace the 2960X.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card