Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi   There is something that is bothering me and i would need help to clarify it. We all know that each vlan is its own broadcast domain. For example, broadcast for VLAN 10 does not extend to VLAN 20.. So if a pc connected to VLAN 10 send a DHCP broa...

Tuff by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am currently trying to upgrade my C4948s I successfully upgraded 5 units but one is giving me an issue. This is what I am doing:Switch#config tEnter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.Switch(config)#int vlan 1Switch(config-...

Ladies and Gents, I have scoured the internet for a how-to on this and cannot find anything.  I need to apply IPV6 Multicast on several VLANs for this specific system.  The closest I have got to configuration is "IPV6 MLD Snooping" which does not wor...

Bitcoin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Power Supplies look the same, share the same electrical properties, fit the same - just a different model name.Anyone have any information on this?Other than saying 3850 supports same wattage power supplies as 3750-X, the Cisco documentation doesn't ...

Hi All,There has been a lots of discussions and questions on the similarities and differences between the new 3850 series switches and 3750X series.So, here is a list I came up with:The color of 3850 is silver and not green.The 3850 series switches h...

The timestmaps in the logs (show logging, even show clock) are in UTC timezone. Is there anyway to get them to show in whichever timezone desired? I already have "clock timezone xxxxx" already set. I saw reference to "service timestamp ...." command ...

Y C by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anything I should be aware of upgrading a WS-C3560x-48P running 12.2(55)SE5 to 15.0(2)SE11? This will be my first production upgrade, and I would like for it to go as smooth as possible. I already have the new bin file loaded on the switch's flash. T...

wmitchell by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a lots of output drops on a WS-C3650-12X48UR-L connecting several firewalls (may not be the best platform for that i agree...). i'm thinking now about reducing those drops by moving cables of the more loaded FW to another ASIC (before ad...

fal91 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Estimados buenos dias.Podria alguien ayudarme con los comandos de configuracion para poder Bloquear una PC a nivel de MAC en un Swtich de las siguientes caracteristicas:          - C2900XL Software (C2900XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC3b, RELEASE SOFT...

Player690 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!Today I faced with unexpected stack link lost between members of stack. Now stack in consistent stHow troubleshoot such problem?Also I found strange why switch #1 restarted (as log shows, see futher) while link lost between #2 and #3?  c3850 stack...

danilov.do by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes