cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4506 image file error

bigred1022
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning, I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having.  I have been trying to boot my switch using the .bin file shown in the picture below.  But as you can see, it starts to load and then throws up the following error.  I have another .bin file that is older but boots fine when selected.  Am I missing a step?  I go into global config, type the following command: #boot system flash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-54.SG1.bin and hit Enter.  Then I reboot the switch using the reload command.  Thanks in advance-

Bootflash Error.jpg

17 Replies 17

ipbase = IP Base feature set with no encryption (like SSH). 

ipbasek9 = IP Base feature set with encryption

So no difference.  

Can you find another vendor who's willing to take over your account?

It has been decided that we are going to drop the current vendor as well as retire this old unit and purchase a more modern and up to date unit.  Thank you Leo for all of your help though.  It is appreciated.

Talk to your Cisco SE/AM/PSS.  

Cisco has released a new series of switches:  Catalyst 93009400 and 9500.

• The 9300 will be the direct replacement of the 3650 & 3850. 
  • The 9400 will be the direct replacement for the entire 4K series, including 4500X. 
  • The 9500 will be the direct replacement for the entire 6K series, including 6500 and 6800 family of switches.  
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: