cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9000 feature Openflow, flow requests.

joecoates
Level 1
Level 1

I'm implementing a controller for Openflow switches.   We install some default flows upon switch connection - such as  "Table 0 GOTO Table 1",  "Table 1 GOTO Table 2",  and so on.   We also install a few flows like "Send ARP packets to the controller" and "Send LLDP packets to the controller".    My Cat 9300 accepts the "GOTO table" flows OK,  but all the "Send X packets to the controller" flows result in an error:  (bad action: unsupported order) .   This error is odd because there is only one instruction in the flow requests.   These flows are accepted by other Openflow switches, I'm pretty sure the formatting of the request is correct to the Openflow 1.3 standard.   Any ideas on what may be going on ? 

Thanks, 

Joe

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the configuration here to understand better,.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Switch#sh ver
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.12.04
Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.12.4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc5)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2020 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 09-Jul-20 21:49 by mcpre
Switch#sh run openflow
feature openflow
openflow
 switch 1 pipeline 1
  controller ipv4 10.0.75.99 port 6653 vrf Mgmt-vrf security none
  datapath-id 0x549
Switch#

I have attached the switch config,  a wireshark shot of the flow request ('send ARPs to controller'), and a wireshark shot of the error response from the switch.

Joe

Well, a solution of sorts.  The flow request above is standard compliant and of common format.   But I found that the flow is accepted if the Instruction type is changed from "Write Actions" to "Apply Actions",  which is also standard compliant, but an odd selection for this simple use case. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card