Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9300 Network Module Question

batistanusaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I ran a command to allow all VLANs on port one of the fiber network module on my C9300 switch. This was the command:

switchport trunk allowed vlan all

After I hit enter, PuTTy froze, and then I lost connection to my switch. I went to check it, and the fiber uplink light on port one was flashing amber (whereas before it was flashing green). I waited, and then decided to power cycle it - now there are no lights on my network module, even though I know the fiber is connected. My copper access ports have link lights.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs on the switch (afterwards) , or through a console connection , or with  a syslog server configured to follow-up on online logging (=best)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the new switch configured correctly you would not see the issue.

Make sure the new Switch not to become root bridge for all the VLAN (so setup a root gaurd or higher priority)

make sure new switch not be VTP Server, setup as transparent.

these all basic requirement when you connecting Layer 2 link to exiting network.

Looks for me you have spanning tree convergency or some kind of strom when the convergency taking place.

are you on console or SSH - if SSH connect console or remove the Links to new switch and make sure adjust the config as i suggested.

not to make another freeze in the network, try allow unused VLAN see how that goes before you allow all VLAN in trunk - especially in production environment.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card