cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channel-group only one side

mharing
Level 1
Level 1

We have a core and edge switch connected via dual 10g fiber and had some strange connectivity issues on devices connected to the edge switch. We found that the port-channel on the core was never configured and we only had (2) individual 10g fiber ports up. On the edge switch side we had the ports in a port-channel and it was active. Could this cause dropped packets or other issues in this scenario? What types of issues are common with this?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check on the edge switch where Port-channel up  with the command  "show EtherChannel summary"  give you information (I) - this means they are active as individual ports, you may be seeing some errors in Logs,

If you look at on the Core 1 of the port might have gone in Blocking state due to STP .

post from both the side.

show span summary

show ethechannel summary

show interface g x/x (ports connected to each other) to understand better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the feedback, the config has been corrected and all services are operating normally now - I was more curious of what potential issues could result in this scenario, STP is definitely something to check on. Both ports were active, but i didn't check their forwarding state at the time.

Glad all working as expected.

Both ports were active, but i didn't check their forwarding state at the time.

they will be active since other side conenction on.

but only 1 Link works at  a time, since you corrected now, you should able to use both the links.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card