Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I was wondering what would be best practice, or the preferred method to remotely manage a layer 2 switch from a separate network.  I'm a network novice.  I understand basic concepts, but what I lack is the experience.  The network I'm trying to reach...

Hi,My team is questioning that can 9606R having only 2 PSU AC with one psu connected to main ac power source and other psu connected to UPS function normally if the main power supply breaks ie wirh only one psu connected to ups.I am suggesting to ad...

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction over this one – in one form or another it’s quite longstanding and causing me quite a headache. We are having problems with poor video conferencing performance in various parts of the network...

Hello, We need to configure a SIP Explosion Proof telephone (Gaitronics A4 SIP Ex Proof Tel) at site and connect it using the IE 3200 switch.Question,Could you confirm if PoE can be provided as per 802.3af Mode B for this switch?? The switch model is...

Hello,I want to implement a project with 3 L3 switches. The equipment must support full L3 capabilities (especially OSPF) and multicast (PIM, IGMP). Due to budget restrictions, I cannot go with C9300, so I was thinking about C9200L with the Network A...

hi,i've been searching for some "best practice" or recommendations to configure storm control in a cisco switch.we got a lot of sites and don't have the luxury of time to compute/customize these levels in our switching environment for each site.can i...

Resolved! webui question

Working on configuring new C9300 switches.  In the getting started guide for configuration it indicates I can plug PC into any unmanaged network port on the switch and use the WEBUI site at 192.168.1.1 to configure the switch.  The PC must be configu...

Bobby P by Level 1
  • 40 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

one of our buildings has a handful of SG500 switches.  we're slowly replacing them with the SG550 series switches.  We plugged in the first SG550 today and it automatically added a bunch of configuration lines to the other switches in the network.  E...

EGiblock by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to hook my laptop to the cisco 9300 through the ethernet cable.....when I type in 192.168.1.1 into a browser, I get the ip/webui in the address bar but an error saying ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CYPHER_MISMATCH. I am using an updated windows 10 p...

Hello, we have two 4503 switches with Sup 7L-E Supervisor Enginges running in VSS mode. The current installed firmware is quite old (03.04.06.SG). Now I am checking the compatibility matrix and it is not clear to me how I can upgrade to the latest su...

2021-01-18 15_23_54-Window.jpg

Hello All,1-I have a question that always confuse me , if we have 24G Port switch , each port is configured as a full duplex at speed of 1000Mbps , will the laptop connected to that port will actually send by this speed ? how the switch handles all o...