cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1801 Router issues

eclipse2000
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to configure a Cisco 1801 router. I can access the router fine.

Using CCP as a new device i can configure an IP address on FastEthernet0 port and then access the routers config using CCP to setup other things.

Once done i click on Save to startup and then reboot, after the reboot the settings have vanished and i have to do everything again, It seems like the router is now saving the setup even through im not getting no errors back to say otherwise.

Am i doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Once done i click on Save to startup and then reboot, after the reboot the settings have vanished and i have to do everything again,

You need to go to CLI and post the output to the command "sh version".  On the bottom, of the output there should be an item that starts with "Configuration register" and the value should be 0x2102.  If this value is "0x2142" then you can change this easily:

conf t

config-registry 0x2102

end

wr

Yaba-da, yaba-da that's all folks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Once done i click on Save to startup and then reboot, after the reboot the settings have vanished and i have to do everything again,

You need to go to CLI and post the output to the command "sh version".  On the bottom, of the output there should be an item that starts with "Configuration register" and the value should be 0x2102.  If this value is "0x2142" then you can change this easily:

conf t

config-registry 0x2102

end

wr

Yaba-da, yaba-da that's all folks!

It says 0xA442

Hi,

Its is the  bolded hex char that tells the router to ignore startup config 0x2142 at startup so you have to set it to 0 to look at startup and load it in ram as running-config.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thanks for the reply. I follow now.

When running the commands to set it i get the following "invalid input detected at < marker and this is showing under the r on the word registry.

I think he fat-fingered command, try config-register....same commands he gave you, but trade registry for register.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a008022493f.shtml#set-config

hi,

the correct command is config-register 0x2102

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

eclipse2000
Level 1
Level 1

Spot on guys. Many thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card