Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,Well one more basic question as i m brushing my basics.I am a bit confused about how vlsm works.Below is the example which through which i want to understand it.Lets say i have a network of 192.168.1.0/24 which i need  to divide as below.60 h...

Resolved! Slow Network

I think I might have a problem   with how my network is set up.    Cable Modem --->ASA5505--->Cisco  3660--->Switch  For some reason if I use the ASA as a DHCP server  too, the internet is much faster.  Could the 3660 be slowing down the  netwok?  Th...

hi Team,We got WS-X6582-2PA which shows I/O memory utilization is very high about 90%...Would like to confirm is it normal.Is I/O memory shared with DRAM?Fast and I/O are same?http://www.ciscotaccc.com:443/core/showcase?case=K18697497

cssam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm relatively new to using HSRP and was looking for some validation on functionality.I've got a network that is essentially a ring of small access switches with 6500's at 12 and 6 o'clock on the ring. I want to design in layer-3 resilience.  The com...

hi,i have following toplogy -core switch, edge switch and WLC.There are 10 edge switches which are connected to core switch. WLC is also connected to core switch which assigned one access vlan.edge switch has different vlan for different ports assign...

I've a catalyst 3560 (gbit/poe) switch with a voice enabled router 2851.At the switch and router i've 3 vlans 1(native), 100(voice), 200(video). I also have an 7941 ip phone with a HP thins client attached. I'm using the smartport to setup the ports....

I have a simple lab setup, 2 new C2960S switches, no vlans, with trunked on 2 ports Gi1/0/47 and Gi1/0/48 for redundency.Now the port Gi1/0/48 on non-root bridge will turn amber as expected.SW1<----- 2 cables----> SW2Now I have created many vlans on ...

avilt by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have packet drop issue between FWSM and 6500, I believe. Packets transiting through a particular vlan are intermittently being dropped. I have taken packet capture on FWSM and it shows that some of the echo requests to a servers does not get res...

I have an Adtran Netvanta 7100 Router with two vlans 1 (192.168.1.0) and 2 (192.168.2.0).  Vlan 2 is the voice vlan for this all in one solution.  I have connected my SF 302 POE switch to the router and Trunked all the ports on both devices.  My phon...

I'm hoping someone can help me here as I'm trying to wrap my head around N7K and HSRP Load Sharing.  If I configure priority on the HSRP group on the Nexus 7K, do the priorities need to be the same to enable load sharing or will it load share by defa...

Dear all,If I do a show log command on switch it starts showing logs which are several months old.How can I filter those to show only last month log -like pipe is one way or anything to be set on switch.Also if I do sh log and if it starts showing lo...

hi guys,I have the following situation and need only provide dhcp wireless network, wired network uses static IP addresses, but set in the AP DHCP propagates a concession to the wired network switch.I need block DHCP offer in the access ports in Swit...

All, I am enabling this command on a port, but when I do a show storm-control <port> unicast, the output doesnt show any information. I do have the NIC that connects to the server disabled right now, can this be why?

rwamstutz by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Gents,Well First i am apologise to post a basic question but i couldnt stop myself to get the experts comments.I understand that OSI and TCP IP Models merge together from layer 4 .ie from Transport Layer.Just to have a in depth view of how appli...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card