cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2901 Switch Module issue (Module Detected but interfaces not shown)

ssg14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2901 with all 4 modules populated:

- Module 0,1 ==> EHWIC-D-8ESG-P (8 port Gig switch PoE)

- Module 2 ==>  EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU  (1Gbps WAN)

- Module 3 ==> HWIC-4ESW  (4 port FE switch)

2901 has normal non-PoE power , interestingly when running,  systems detects all modules:

Inventory.JPG

However when checking interfaces , it doesn't detect the fast ethernet module interfaces:

Interfaces.JPG

4por FE module has no issue working , tested and not defected.

Any idea why i get such error? is there any chance PSU doesn't have enough power to turn all modules on? or module on the router motherboard may be dead?

Thanks for your help guys

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Your command may only list ip-capable interfaces , also verify with show interface status , if duplicated attach a console and do a cold power-up , observe the self-tests and look for errors or anomalies

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Your command may only list ip-capable interfaces , also verify with show interface status , if duplicated attach a console and do a cold power-up , observe the self-tests and look for errors or anomalies

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

Thanks for coming back , pls check below:

Interface Status.JPG

It doesn't show the FE interfaces , I checked the logs but no logs in respect to the FE module.

Will do a cold power and revert.

Thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks for me for now PSU, show environment or show power give us more information.

also when you insert the module, can you captured all the Logs (if you can post that help to see what is wrong here ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

pls check below power status , i don't see any abnormalities 

I'll do cold power and revert with logs

Power.JPG

Appologies, i was expecting output of -  show inventory

BB

ssg14
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both of you , although super weird but in cold power up shows cards are not compatible which doesn't make sense!

Error.png

Cold boot up mean, it power on any module you insert in to device, but rest will be checked later once the card in.

i am sure now you know the card is not compatable, so get right module to fit to needs.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card