cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 saving config issue (not registry issue)

Chris.k88
Level 1
Level 1

IHi

i bought some equipment for a home lab to practice with. One of my switches is a 2960 and when I configure NTP/TACACS on it it never saves the configuration after a reboot. 

The registry is correct and it saves evey every other configuration I do except for NTP it seems (I have written the config to start config multiple times but after a reboot it is no longer there) I have the same issue with one of of the routers I bought as well and same issue, it saves every other config I write except NTP/TACACS.

please let me know what information you would need (switch/router model, IOS version,, etc)

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Share the Show Version and full configuration including the NTP also.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello,

on a side note, this might be related to express setup, try and disable it:

2960#conf t

2960(config)#no setup express

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is the config not save only related to NTP and TACACS, then we need to see how you configuring the syntax.

After configure, you post show run and show version. (hope other configuration you able to configure and saved as expected ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Correct it seems to be only related to my NTP config, anything else saves fine. 

When i I get home I’ll post show run and version and also check the express option. 

Thank you! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: