Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am updating a 3850 switch, the switch is currently running the image 03.07.03E and I want to update to the Denali version cat3k_caa-universalk9.16.03.06.SPA.bin.   When I try to transfer the image to the switch via tftp I have the following error I...

error.png
julioegb by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   We have a 4507R+E acting as the core L2/L3 switch with a number of 3650's dotted around the campus. Each 3650 is connected to the core via Fibre. For reasons I won't go into, we have around 100 PVLAN's, basically one per classroom. Our DHCP ser...

Hi everyone!   Im a bit confused about using MLS QOS in order to configure a determined bandwitdh percentage for specific traffic on these switches. I was wondering if anyone could point me on the right direction. Im a bit confused about the queues a...

Hi I have Cisco A901-6CZ-F-D  with active license , and because this device didn't agree to add ip on interface , i tried to do this config.  ASRinterface GigabitEthernet0/4no ip addressnegotiation autoservice instance 100 ethernetencapsulation dot1q...

Murad* by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All I am sure this is a common question, we have a requirement to swap out some 2921 routers as they will not give us the required throughput of 1Gig. The routers are running OSPF and are simply intermediate routers on the network. My question is,...

Hello everyone, when studying theory for the CCNA exam I considered VTP as almost useless feature or at least I think it's doesn't really save much time with the extra effort that goes to considering the network topology and which switch to be server...

t0ny94 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi team, I have configured the policing as below   policy-map Rate_limit class Ratelimit police 1500000 1000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop   If i go with the formula of CIR (cir=bc/tc), the value of CIR is 1509433 , which is coming more ...

I configured selective QinQ on a Cisco 4500X interface.  The remote vendor's switch is an MRV 9244.  After troubleshooting for about 2 hours, we were still unable to pass traffic over the C-tagged VLANs.  I can see the remote MAC addresses on the ven...

dhandjr by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,   I have a problem that i tried to schematize below.  Except IP adresses my 2 routers have exactly the same configuration and have the same version and model. All my links are functionning properly and all my VLANs are configured the ...

Capture.PNG
tkachour by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am new to understanding the power requirements for these devices. I have been using the power calculator tool and reading the 4500 installation guide here, which outlines the power supply requirements.   I would like to run a 4200W power supply wit...

MikeO5422 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes