cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560 reset to factory default

Soren09
Level 1
Level 1

hi, can any one help with this issue? could not connect to cisco 3560 , may be wrong start-up config/deleted. i want to reset it to factory setting so that i can restart to express set up: when trying with button mode, the LED's BLink but switch won't restart.

thanks 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

You need to power down the switch, power it back on with the mode button pressed. You will eventually arrive at the switch: prompt. From there you can either delete or rename the existing config:

flash_init
rename flash:config.text flash:config.old

Then issue the boot command.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

You need to power down the switch, power it back on with the mode button pressed. You will eventually arrive at the switch: prompt. From there you can either delete or rename the existing config:

flash_init
rename flash:config.text flash:config.old

Then issue the boot command.

cheers,

Seb.

thanks Seb, so when rebooting , how to acces the switch prompt? using the console,usb or RJ45 cable?

you dont need to power it down, if its powered up just press the mode button for 30 seconds then release 

Hi, I tried biut it didn't work at the boot commande, saying "Error loading " "

aminataniang_0-1685713626175.png

You have to initialize the flash after deleting the config file. 

Soren09
Level 1
Level 1
thanks Guys, helped!

charlesfreukes
Level 1
Level 1

Flash_init will do it but if your disposing of the switch you should delete the config and vlan data

Instead of renaming the config delete it

flash_init
delete flash:config.text
delete flash:vlan.dat
boot

Thank you. Worked great.

Hello, I tried your method but itt says " Error loading "" ", could you help please ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card