Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 3750X POWER STACKING.

vamsi harish
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

In my office we bought 7 cisco 3750X - 48PS switches. We configured Data Stacking between those switches. We also want to configure Power Stacking between those 7 devices.

I found in the Data Sheet that we can only cofigure 4 devices in power stacking at a time. If it is like that how to configure the rest of 3 devices. I need your valuable  help in configuring power stacking between those devices in a better way..

Kindly help to configure them....

power stack cable part no we have is

CAB-SPWR-30CM

Regards,

Vamsi Harish.T.

vamsiharish@gmail.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

What you do in this scenarion is to create 2 powerstacks.

You can have several powerstacks in the same data stack and each of the powerstacks can have a maximum of 4 3750x.

the powercables must ofcourse not leave the powerstack !  ie the cabeling must be correctly inserted in the corresponding powerstack.

I would make it the 4 first switches in the first powerstack and the 3 bottom in the second powerstack.

Do not forget to enable the powerstack interfaces.

Here is a link on how it works.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swstkpwr.html

Good luck

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

What you do in this scenarion is to create 2 powerstacks.

You can have several powerstacks in the same data stack and each of the powerstacks can have a maximum of 4 3750x.

the powercables must ofcourse not leave the powerstack !  ie the cabeling must be correctly inserted in the corresponding powerstack.

I would make it the 4 first switches in the first powerstack and the 3 bottom in the second powerstack.

Do not forget to enable the powerstack interfaces.

Here is a link on how it works.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swstkpwr.html

Good luck

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable replay and also sorry for the dealy in responce. I've configured Power Stacking as you adviced. It's working fine.

Regards,

Vamsi Harish.T.

E-mail:

vamsiharish@gmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card