cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4507 R-E w/ Sup 10GE Factory Reset

Mike McWethy
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I have been trying to reset my Cisco 4507 R-E with sup 10GE engines, and I am not having any luck. I have followed the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a00800c4546.shtml

I have tried "wr erase" and "erase startup-config." I cannot delete the vlan.dat file either. I am using the command "erase cat4000_flash:vlan.dat" and its not working either. I have done these commands several times with no success. When asked if I want to save the config changes, I am answering with a "no" I have not tried to depress the small "reset" button on the front of the sup engines as I read that this just restarts the switch.

What am I missing here? Is there some trick with these 10GE engines that I am not finding.

Mike                 

2 Replies 2

Mike McWethy
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize. I am using the command "erase cat4000_flash:" to try and erase the vlan.dat file, but its not working.

Mike McWethy
Level 1
Level 1

I have resolved this issue. I had to enter the "erase slavenvram:" and "erase slavecat4000_flash:" commands in addition to what the Cisco document said. I did these several times and it FINALLY worked on one of my tries....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card