cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4510 not routing

rx7heaven
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 4510 configured as attached.

I have a PC plugged into port gi2/1 with an ip address 10.100.1.201/24.  The PC is unable to reach the switch via ICMP and vice-versa.  None of the Vlans listed in the config show up when I run a show VLAN command.  What am I missing?

4 Replies 4

Kevin_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hi rx7heaven,

do you have enabled the "ip routing"? In the configuration it seems not enabled. So please type in configuration: ip routing

Can you post the output of "show vlan"?

Is the router able to route on other networks or is it globally not working?

Hello.

In addition to above.

Also show output of the command "sh interface status" when you connecting your PC to the network. In some cases you need to give command "no shutdown" at the "vlan #" (at the old IOS versions) and at the "inteface vlan #" because when you creating a vlan or vlan interface it has a shutdown status by default.

Also all virtual interfaces stays at the "down" status when all physical interfaces of this vlan in "down" status at can't give responce.

Best Regards.

This is a new router that I am configuring in our lab.  So far the only devices plugged into it are a PC into port gi2/1 and a Cisco 2960 into port te1/1.  The other end is plugged into port te1/0/2 on the 2960.  I have entered the ip routing command a number of times, with no effect.  When I reload the switch the ip routing line disappears from the running config.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the vlans are not in the database then the SVIs won't come up.

Did you create them ?

What does "sh vtp status" display ?

You do not need to use the "ip routing" command as it is on by default.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco