Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6500 latest Rommon Download

xekolap381
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We have cisco 6506 with 720 sup. Where I can download the latest Rommon ?

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which particular Sup720?   The VSS one or the non-VSS model?

I have WS-SUP720-3B and currently they are not in VSS but they will be in the VSS after upgrade.

Let me save you the hassle:  The IOS can be upgraded without touching the ROMMON.

Rommon has some bugs, so upgrading is not possible at the moment.

- Which bugs did you observe ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rommon has some bugs, so upgrading is not possible at the moment.

personally don't waste time on that, as suggested check Sup-2T in the used market if you looking to do something.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

as i remember Cup 720 latest code you can is 12.X something, don't remember - since we removed 720 sup cards more than 5 years now. Only Sup-2T is good.

If you building this VSS now - i suggest to buy used Sup-2T , so that support IOS 15.X Code for better user.

BB

Hmm, you're sure a sup720B will support VSS?  I recall (?) (initially?) you needed the VS-S720 (the sup720C), but my memory might be incorrect or Cisco's VSS does also work with the sup720B.

Also, are you sure you need a ROMMOM upgrade?  It's a bit rare you really need to upgrade ROMMOM, as when the IOS boots, it tends to often not care much about the ROMMOM version.

@Joseph W. Doherty is correct. 

There are two models of the venerable Sup720:  WS-SUP720 (is a non-VSS variety) and VS-S720 (VSS capable) line cards. 

And ROMMON is not mandatory with either line cards.  

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

720 is old Sup cards - not sure if cisco still hold any on their site

check below URL :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/280357774

BB

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/eol_c51-697975.html 
                                    The product is end of life , software downloads are no longer offered , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card